We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice Carpenter in our inspiring and innovative fitted furniture company & interior design studio.
Successful candidates will be required to work alongside a team of qualified carpenters working in all aspects of carpentry. You will report directly to the Manufacturing & Production Director!
You will be learning and developing new and practical craft-related skills, knowledge and competence by:
- Setting out, production and assembly of furniture and construction components in both private and commercial premises to exact specifications and to the highest of standards.
- Interpreting technical drawings and specifications.
- Working with a variety of specialised hand and power tools.
- Measuring work and assessing work areas.
- Performing craft calculations and selecting materials to meet design requirements.
- Setting out, production and assembly of furniture and construction components.
- Performing routine maintenance and repairs on machines
- Planning and organising work schedules.
- Identify and escalate any faults or issues as necessary for immediate rectification.
- Communicating with other departments and contractors.
- Creating strong customer relationships, networking and ensuring a high-quality service.
- Professionalism in our client’s properties ensuring a clean, tidy and organised work environment.
- Passing all your phase exams (theory, practicals, skill demonstrations)
- Following strict health and safety guidelines.
- Assist in ad-hoc duties as required.
- Leaving Certificate (required).
- Keen Interest in Carpentry & Construction.
- Enthusiastic team player with a positive attitude.
- Good work ethic and solutions focused.
- Appreciate the importance of adherence to all safety regulations. Safety First at all times
- Good organisational skills.
- Excellent time management with a high level of attention to detail.
- High levels of flexibility and a willingness to learn and develop.
- Responsibility and pride in their work.
- Drivers Licence required.
- Flexible individual with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and drive to succeed.
- Good customer relationship.
- Commitment to complete the Solas apprenticeship programme
- Driving Lience
What we Offer
This is a full-time apprenticeship and the successful applicant will be registered with Solas and begin a 7-phase carpentry apprenticeship where they will work alongside highly experienced qualified carpenters during their on-the-job phase.
For more information about apprenticeships check:
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Company Phone
- Training & Education
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Full driving licence (required)
- Leaving Certificate